Ingredients - Single Serving:
*for a larger portion, simply double the recipe.
1.5 oz. Taco Meat (see below for a super tasty low-sodium homemade mix)
1 small Zucchini
1.5 oz. Shredded Cheese
1/2 cup Chopped Bell Peppers
2 tbsp Green Onion (Scallions)
2 tbsp Pickled Jalapenos
2 tbsp Black Olives
1/4 cup Cherry Tomatoes (Chopped)
1/4 cup Salsa
1/4 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
2 tbsp Guacamole
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
Chop zucchini in 1/4 inch slices
2. Layer Zucchini on a perforated baking sheet (you can stack/overlap them)
3. Sprinkle with taco meat, peppers, jalapenos, onion, and tomatoes. Top with cheese.
4. Place in oven on bake for approximately 4-7 minutes. Keep an eye on the zucchini (you don't want them to get soggy, but to maintain their original size).
5. Turn the oven to broil for 30 - 90 seconds to brown the cheese
6. Remove from the oven and top with Salsa (or Pico De Gallo), Guacamole, and Plain Greek Yogurt. (I also like to sprinkle a little bit of French's Crispy Jalapeno's from Costco... my guilty pleasure!)
Note: You may want to eat these with a fork... they get a little messy, but still hit the spot for that southern, mexi taste with no gluten, corn, or guilt!
And Here's that DIY Taco Seasoning. (It's a little spicy, but super low sodium!)
1 Tbsp. Chili Powder
1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp. Onion Powder
1/4 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
1/4 tsp. Dried Oregano
1/2 tsp. Paprika
1 1/2 tsp. Ground Cumin
1 tsp. Sea Salt
1 tsp. Black Pepper (optional)